World Breastfeeding Week 2010 is here! The World Alliance for Breastfeeding Advocacy (WABA) has chosen the theme "Breastfeeding: Just 10 Steps, The Baby-Friendly Way". This highlights the very easy ways that we can all help breastfeeding mothers to succeed, from the hospital setting to home.
Preparing to Breastfeed
The best way to prepare to breastfeed is to gather information before your baby arrives. Aside from taking a prenatal breastfeeding class (at your local hospital, clinic, community center), this will add to your know-how of the whole process.
- Breast Anatomy and Development
- Pros and Cons of Breastfeeding
- Breast Self-Assessment and Evaluation
- Breastfeeding Basics
- The Content and Composition of Breast Milk
- When to Consider a Lactation Consultant
- Breastfeeding Classes For The Couple
Common Breastfeeding Concerns
Whether breastfeeding comes very easily to you and you're running into a few minor issues or it's been a rough go from the start, don't give up! Here's a troubleshooting guide to help. You can also always find the support you need from a lactation consultant.
- Breastfeeding Problems and Solutions
- Oral Abnormalities and Sucking Problems
- Milk Supply Problems
- Breastfeeding a Child with Special Needs
- Can I Drink Alcohol and Still Breastfeed?Should I Breastfeed If I Drink Or Use Drugs?
- Tips For Breastfeeding A Premature Baby
- Quick Comfort Treatments for Sore Nipples
- How To Increase Your Breast Milk Supply
Pregnancy, Birth, and Breastfeeding
Pregnancy and birth can have an impact on your breastfeeding relationship. Here are some things to think about.
- Breast Changes in Pregnancy
- Deciding to Breastfeed as a Teen Mom
- Can I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding? The Lactational Amenorrhea Method (LAM)
- How Birth Affects Breastfeeding
Breastfeeding and Health Issues
You see it in the media every day. Breastfeeding cuts the risk of certain conditions and prevents others. From Rheumatoid Arthritis to Crohn's Disease, how is your milk helping?
- Breastfeeding Cuts Risk of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Breastfeeding and HIV
- Can A Woman Breastfeed With Gential Herpes?
- Breastfeeding May Be Possible With HIV
- Infant Milk Allergies
- My Family Has a History of Food Allergies. How Should I Feed My Infant?
- Breastfeeding and Thyroid Disease
- Can breastfeeding an infant help protect him from developing IBD?
- Can A Woman With PCOS Breastfeed?
- Can A Mother With CF Breastfeed?
- Breastfeeding Helps Prevent Breast Cancer, Lowers Your Risk
- Breastfeeding and Breast Cancer: Can You Do It And Is It Safe?
- Coffee And Tea Do Not Increase Your Breast Cancer Risk
- What Is Thrush?
- Breastfeeding and Viral Hepatitis
- Can My Baby Get Hepatitis C?
- Breastfeeding When You Are Sick
- Highly Allergic Breastfeeding Babies And Hidden Dairy
Exercise and Breastfeeding
After having a baby, most women are hankering to start moving and getting back into shape. How can you fit breastfeeding into your workout schedule? What are some different exercise options for the nursing mom?
Sex and Breastfeeding
The most talked about topic around! How does sex fit into the breastfeeding scene?
- Breastfeeding and Sexuality
- Arousal, Orgasm and Breastfeeding
- Can I Use Birth Control Pills While Breastfeeding?
Expressing Breast Milk
Whether you're going back to work or simply need a break, pumping breast milk is the answer. How does this work? Which pumps will best match your lifestyle? It's all here.
- Breast Milk Pumping and Care
- Storing Breast Milk
- Handling Breast Milk
- Before You Buy a Breast Pump
- Top 5 Double Electric Breast Pumps
- Tips for Using a Breast Pump
- How To Succeed At Breastfeeding And Working
Breastfeeding Toddlers, Twins, Triplets, and More
Yes, you can! It just takes a little bit of preparation, but this guide should make the transition a smooth one.
- Breastfeeding Twins, Triplets and Multiples
- Top 10 Nursing Necessities for Moms Who Breastfeed Twins or Multiples
- Breastfeeding Your Toddler
Cool Breastfeeding Gifts
The ever-popular question, "What can I give a breastfeeding mom as a gift?" has an answer. There are so many fantastic products out there. Here are the top 10.